Rollyo

While I have been busy getting into the assignments I have ready for me, I took a bit of a break to have a look at Rollyo. First of all, I found Rollyo confusing and I was quite struggling to understand just how it worked. After a bit of a look around the site and then looking at some Rollyo Search engines which had already been made, I started to understand it a bit more. Then came trying to make my own. Initially, I had no idea what to do. Sure, just answer a few questions, but I didn't know what I could possibly make for a search engine.

While I was trying to figure this out, at the same time I was searching on some of my favourite online-book shops to find some of my favourite books which I wanted to have in hard copy for my book shelf and then realised that I could use this for Rollyo.

So... Here's my Rollyo - Buying Books Online. I've used some of my favourite sites, where I myself look for affordable book prices online!

As for Rollyo relating to libraries, I could see how it could be of help to them. Using the site to make a easy search engine for certain genre of books, or maybe for people to search for similar authors to the ones they love. Many ways it could be of great assistance.

I've really enjoyed taking the opportunity to search through Rollyo and discover another possibility to taking libraries to the public.

1 comments:

lkellySMB said...

Hi Amelia, I'm glad you enjoyed using Rollyo. I had a play around with your search engine. Good work. There are lots of possibilities of how these tools could be used in libraries aren't there... it's just a case of finding the time in amongst everything else we have to do!

Post a Comment