Part 2 of Play Week - Library Thing

I've finally got onto the second part of Play Week - Week 5 in the 23 Things activity. Part Two is having a look at Library thing and creating a catalog of your own books. Library Thing is a website where you can put any selection of books into a catalog of your own. You could put your favourite books, books you want to read, or ever books by a particular author.

My catalog (which I have only just started to it's quite small) features books that I have read and loved.

I quite love looking through catalogs and finding books by authors I might not hear about otherwise but I don't think I will continue using LibraryThing after this because I don't quite see the need for me to make a catalog of books that I have read and put them on the internet. I do believe, though, that LibraryThing would be quite helpful for people who read many books and can't keep track of which ones they have read, and which ones I haven't. They could just put each book in their catalog after they have read it and therefore just check it every time they are looking for a new book. As I'm an avid reader of only a few authors, I don't usually have the problem of remembering what books I have read.

So, while I know that there is an obviously great need for catalogs in a library environment, I don't believe I need my 'own' catalog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment